La via della Seta or Silk Road, was the most famous trade route connecting the East and the West, stretching from China to the Mediterranean Sea. It was first used around the 3rd century BCE, until the 15th century CE. Lots of eastern goods from the Silk Road ended up in the markets of the Rialto Bridge at around the time Venice became a commercial powerhouse - at the start of the early Renaissance period.
The romantic Silk Road room is individually designed and has a generous 50m2 of space. The room incorporates a king sized bed and sumptuous marble bathroom, including a separate bath and shower. The golden leafed wooden ceiling beams have been restored to their original glory, along with the original Venetian terrazzo floor and silk wallcovering. The bathroom is a magnificent example of luxury with a separate bath and walk-in shower, denoting its aristocratic past of the piano nobile in which it is located.
Along with exquisite furnishing guests can enjoy abundant toiletries, complimentary bottled water, international satellite TV and Wi-Fi.
Book now your luxury stay in the heart of Venice. Relive the glory of the past by choosing Luxury or Luxury Grand Canal room.
Silk Road Room Features:
- Size: 50m2
- King sized double bed
- Marble bathroom with separate bathtub and shower
- Minibar and free mineral water
- Bathrobe and slippers provided
- Free internet connection throughout the property; free Sky and Mediaset Premium TV channels available
- 55” Widescreen TV with satellite service
- Direct dial telephone in room
Extras and Services:
- 24hr room service
- Pets allowed at manager’s discretion
- Babysitting and shoe shine service
- Newspapers delivered on request
- Foreign currency exchange available
- Extra bed available if required
- Water taxi transfers can be arranged